- Phone: (620) 227-8686
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1416, Dodge City, KS 67801
- Physical Address: 711 5th Ave, Dodge City, KS 67801
There are a lot of great places start reading the Bible, and you can really start about anywhere...but here is a list of places we encourage people to start...
Luke 1 - read about Jesus' birth to his ascension to heaven.
John 1 - read through story of Jesus' time as told by John.
Genesis 1 - read about Creation and the Father's of the Faith
1 John - A great guide to understanding our relationship with God.
Romans - Paul writes about some of the beliefs and how to live them out for believers.
Galatians - an encouragement to pursue a life with God, and avoid selfishness
1. Prepare yourself by praying for God to speak to you.
-make sure you allow God to speak to you, not the other way around.
2. Get your scripture.
- Stories work well, but snippets from the epistles work equally as well.
3. Read the passage on your own or with a group.
-Try not to fly through the verses, particularly if the passage is familiar to you. -Remember to read intentionally and with expectancy.
4. Can you summarize the passage in your own words?
-What happened in this passage? -(Hint: Don't explain what it means, just summarize the events or the message.)
5. What does this passage teach about God?
-These insights can be simple statements, pulled directly from the passage.
-They can also be big-picture observations, putting what your chosen passage says about God in context with the bigger story of Scripture.
6. What does this passage teach about me (or mankind)?
-These observations can be pulled directly from the passage…
-or they can include broader observations.
7. What will you do (or think) differently this week as a result?
-What was the most significant insight you gained through this passage?
-How do your observations affect how you see God? Yourself?
-In what ways do they impact how you respond to Him?
8. Who will you tell what you learned?
-Sometimes what God is teaching you through Scripture can also be significant for those around you. Continue the discussion with others.
-God confirms you into His desire for relationship.
-God is always with you.
-God gives us wisdom.
-God supplies our needs.
-God knows your needs.
-God gives us His peace.